Tapping into Chinese market

In any industries, people are trying to tap into Chinese market because of its enormous size and the rapid growth. This growth is seen in tourism as follows:
But wait a second, is it that easy to gain Chinese customers to your destination?

I understand Chinese consumer behaviors are elusive. I have observed a flock of Chinese travelers both rich and not-so-rich. They are totally different from American consumers or other Asian consumers.

The way they do business is also different. Luckily, I have friends in China, and without their help, it would be really difficult for me to deal with China market even though I visited China a couple of time and knew a working knowledge of Chinese language. Human connection is quite important in Asia, and in China, the importance to know people is absolute and extreme.

I am taking a marketing class at UCSD Extension, taught by instructor Kelly Chen. In her class, we discussed Chinese consumer behaviors.

What's new with the Chinese consumer
The McKinsey Quarterly

According to this article, Chinese consumers are...
According to the survey in the article, out of 41 brand managers in China, only 7 percent said they had a good inderstanding of the market, while the majority, 85 percent, professed some understanding but with " a lot... that I still don't know."

Do you understand Chinese market?

Labels: