My Best Vacation Ever- Colombia!



The last 12 days of 2010, I spent my best vacatin in Bogota and Cali, Colombia. It was FANTASTIC!! There are so many things (and pics) to share. The Capital Bogota and third biggest Salsa city Cali are two different places. I enjoyed the constrast.

Why Colombia? It is really a mix of luck and destiny. One thing was I met this wonderful Colombian lady at Grupo Niche concert and she invited to her hometown Cali, which is also where the salsa band is from. I barely knew her, but I knew she is super nice, and Cali is extremely pleasing.

Then I contacted my friend Angela, who is from Bogota and currently working for UN Habitat in Japan. Luckily she told me that she would be in Bogota to visit her family and her sister's wedding! There was no reason to say no to this trip plan.

Honestly I was a little worried if Colombia is safe enough. I wouldn't have visited if those two wonderful friends weren't waiting for me. And I have to tell all the people in the world that I totally, absolutely enjoyed the visit. It is not super safe like Japan, but you know, it is up to you whether you stay safe or not. Basic street smart will help.

What's in Colombia? Beautiful women! I am talking not just the apprerance, but also the heart. Actually both men and women are really nice there. I almost felt like they tried their best to be nice to me since there are so many viased notrious news on Colombia all over the media. Cocaine? I didn't see or experience anything dangerous.

Colombia mia is still living in my heart.

Labels: